The Big Foody's top 8 ways to indulge in Feijoas
New to Feijoa's or looking for ways to use up the kilo's of them scattered throughout the garden?
Here are out Top 8 favourite ways to indulge in Feijoa's;
- Make a Feijoa Cake
- Serve them on top of some Greek Yogurt (for breakfast or dessert) or on top of your cereal.
- Smoothies!! Feijoas in smoothies are the best! and can be used as a substitute for bananas in smoothies as they have a very similar consistency.
- Make a Feijoa Crumble
- Stew them with a little bit of brown sugar and pour them over some Vanilla Ice-Cream for dessert, or Hokey- Pokey ice-cream for a real New Zealand treat!
- Jam them - try this fabulous Vanilla and Feijoa jam
- Freeze them, so that you can have the above all-year round! (tips on how best to freeze them on our website now).
Join us on a Big Foody Food Tour during the Feijoa season (between March and June) and we will go to the utmost effort to get you sampling Feijoa's!!
Freshly baked Feijoa Cake - delicious!!